Common problems... observations from here!
- In general boats work best when used frequently.
- When you put your boat away for the Winter, lubricate everything, WD-40
on electrical, mechanical, everything cover up where you can
- Keep your battery, (batteries) charged, they will last much longer
if they don't ever get too low on juice.
- Outboards...lubricate/grease the steering rod connected to the engine...it
can rust and become immoveable..bad bad bad!
- Always wash your trailer, wheels, undercarrraige with fresh water after
- Electrical...rule of thumb, it's always a loose ground wire,
and check the obvious things first, dirty or corroded
connections, loose connections, insulation on wires is corroding
- In a repainting job, rule of thumb 0ne-half to 2/3 of the total time
is preparation -cleaning, scraping, sanding, dusting, cleaning again.
Back to main page